Our Client employs over 2000 people across 23 countries and is the leasing subsidiary of one of the world’s strongest financial groups.Our client’s UK office is part of their international network of offices and a key territory for them. Established in 2003, they currently employ c25 people in the UK business financing equipment across construction, print, transportation and industrial equipment.
They are currently looking to hire a Senior Credit Analyst to join their South team.
Reporting to the Credit Manager, the key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Underwrite and decision proposals emanating from the sales teams and vendor partners.
- Have a clear and detailed understanding of the Risk Acceptance Criteria to be followed by underwriting credit proposals for our client.
- Assess and evaluate customer credit risk through in-depth business and financial analysis.
- Review and approve/decline credit proposals within the credit authority approved for this position/individual.
- Review and present for credit decision to the next level of credit authority, all credit proposals where the credit exposure exceeds the approved credit authority for the position/individual.
- Document and communicate credit decisions in a clear and effective manner and within the timelines agreed with Vendor Partners.
- Interface with customers to resolve credit related issues.
- To provide assistance and advice and where necessary negotiate with high-risk customers on deal structuring with a view to maximising the commercial opportunity but without compromising credit quality standards.
- Ideally experience in a commercial finance / leasing environment with significant experience in a credit assessment role.
- Experience of vendor program structures either in a sales or credit underwriting capacity.
- Strong and proven credit assessment skills at both deal and portfolio levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly numerate
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Basic Salary c£50,000 + benefits.
To apply for this position please > Submit your CV quoting ref: MJM191 or call 0207 26226622 to speak to one of our consultants.