Our client is an extremely well established Asset Finance and Leasing corporation which has been established since the 90’s. They have various businesses focusing across all Asset Classes under one umbrella company.
They employ 50 staff across both offices in the UK, and have recently been purchased by a Bank which owns £10 billion in Assets, and employ 11,000 staff worldwide.
Due to recent success they are now looking for Head of New Business Management to be based in UK South office.
Reporting to the Head of Operations the main focus of the role is as follows:
- With ultimate responsibility for the execution of deal flows from the initial proposal logging through to the execution of the approved deal pay-out.
- The Head of New Business Management will hold overall responsibility for matrix management of the functional teams’ interactions based in the Hedge End offices (New Business, Asset Management, Sales, Credit and Finance) resulting in an effective customer journey.
- Directly manage a team of c10 staff involved in initial proposal management, regulatory checks, documentation preparation and pre-payout checking.
- Matrix manage overall end to end proposal activity through functional heads.
- Refine and manage an effective and efficient deal flow process.
- Oversee adherence to all relevant policies and standards.
- Ensure that the teams operate and are supported by effective procedures.
- Provide visibility to both the teams and the key stakeholders of data at each stage in the process, energising the combined effort to achieve key KPI’s.
- Provide guidance to ensure effective task prioritisation in respect of the work flow.
- Provide support in respect of all regulatory requirements and changes.
- Sponsor effective broker communications ensuring that their business is valued and that their agreed requirements are met whilst working proactively with them to improve deal flow.
- Develop strong relationships whilst liaising with Sales, Legal, Credit & Asset Management together with Risk and Compliance colleagues to allow for effective delivery of the lending strategy.
- To maintain a full understanding of the portfolio and staff performance, reporting regularly to the Head of Operations and, where appropriate, to functional heads.
- Adhere to the Individual Conduct Rules as part of the Certification Regime.
- Be responsible for taking ownership and maintaining of own Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Log as part of the Certification Regime.
- Commercial thinking at a progressive level
- Adapting to pressure and change at a progressive level
- Delivery of results at an expert level
- Customer focus, communication and teamwork at an expert level
- Developing self and others at a progressive level
- Leadership at an expert level
- In your conduct, you act with integrity, due skill care and diligence
- Must be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
- Must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- Must observe proper standards of market conduct
- Implement and act in accordance with the company’s information security policies to protect all assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Report security events or potential events to your line manager, business head, a member of the Information Security Incident Response Team (ISIRT) or Service Desk
- Understand your responsibilities under data protection regulation and how this impacts on processes and procedures when dealing with personal data
- You are responsible for protecting individual’s data and privacy at all times
- Data controllers are responsible for implementing controls to ensure that processes and procedures meet the GDPR Policy and Supporting Standards and staff have the appropriate knowledge, competency and skills to meet regulatory requirements
Knowledge and Skills
- Significant experience of leadership in a financial services process driven environment, to include in Asset Finance
- An individual who can lead from the front, inspire teams around them and create followership.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of the essential elements that result in an effective customer journey.
- Ideally, experienced in identifying, assessing and making changes to processes based upon data outputs, customer insight combined with on the ground experience
- A good understanding of regulatory requirements for lending to the SME market
- Understand how the principles of conduct risk impact on the processes and procedures within your role
- Treat customers fairly by ensuring all communication to an individual is clear, fair, jargon free and that all of their questions are answered by providing full information; enabling someone to make an informed decision
Bonus and Standard Benefits
To apply for this position please > Submit your CV quoting ref: MJM190 or call 0207 26226622 to speak to one of our consultants.