Our client is a well established and highly successful asset finance company in the SME sector.
Due to recent success they are looking to recruit an experienced Credit Controller to drive the collections strategy for their growing portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced credit controller who has good experience in the asset finance and leasing sector. The role is predominantly office based, but may require face to face negotiations. Therefore the candidate will need to have the experience and strength of character to manage this, but also must possess the organisational skills necessary to grow the credit control department. The main focus of the role is as follows:
- Liaise with Accounts re unpaid DD’s and contact clients promptly to collect payment
- Investigative work to establish the reasons behind continued non-payment by way of searches, regular contact with the client and possible field visits (where necessary)
- Ensure any potential losses are minimal and within budgeted expectations.
- Responsible for the upkeep and accuracy of all arrears reporting
- Valuing assets + monitoring any exposures that are higher risk for default, as per internal risk rating
- Organise disposal of assets where appropriate
- Ensuring timely instruction of re-possession and legal agencies on default agreements, thereby minimising risk and costs
- Producing termination documents and issuing them to clients on default agreements
- Ensuring internal Solar system is updated after every action relating to an agreement
- Demonstrating flexibility by liaising with sales/brokers with problem agreements
- Weekly return to the Directors on all current and potential agreements in arrears
- Arrears update at monthly team meeting
- Processing payments via WorldPay or bank transfer
- Assist customer services with arranging settlement figures when required
- Applying and maintaining a robust collections procedure in line with company policy and regulatory requirements
UK East Anglia
Basic Salary £30,000- £50,000
To apply for this position please > Submit your CV quoting ref: MJM179 or call 0207 26226622 to speak to one of our consultants.