Our Client is a fast growing challenger bank which was established in 1977. Their SME focused business built initially round the property market Expanded into the retail sector and established their asset finance division in 2014. They employ 200 employees and are looking to significantly grow their asset finance business.
Their Asset Finance team are emerging as a leading new challenger in the Asset Finance market; they have built their specialist proposition around brokers and the UK SME’s they support. The team offers hire and leasing finance for businesses and consumers via independent hire purchase and leasing introducers. They finance a wide range of assets such as manufacturing, engineering, construction and agricultural sectors to printing, materials handling, IT and medical equipment.
Their Asset Finance team is now looking to hire a Business Development Manager.
The Main purpose of the role is to help build and shape a market leading Asset Finance Business Development function. The Key responsibilities are as follows:
• Responsibility for the end-to-end BDM process, including frequent visits to existing relationships and generating new contracts
• Broaden sector and industries and further diversify the soft asset group
• Clear account planning for brokers to target
• Entrepreneurial business owner mind set
• Ability to thrive in developing a sales strategy
• The willingness, aptitude and gravitas to be a key member of a growing business
• Extensive experience of Asset Finance in a relevant role with established broker relationships
• Detailed knowledge of the end to end Asset Finance process from enquiry, proposal, pay-out, end of lease
• Diversified asset mix exposure with knowledge of related risks
• Understanding of regulatory governance and Compliance (AML, Data/GDPR, Compliants)
• Experience of complex, structured transactions
• Knowledge of underwriting / credit with the ability to review credit reports and balance sheets
• Prior experience of building a business with a keen knowledge of the risk/ reward margin
• Previous experience of preparing and presenting proposals to credit committee
To apply for this position please>Submit your CV quoting ref MJM203 or call 0207 26226622 to speak to one of our consultants.