Invoice Finance has been a fundamental part of our client’s business since their foundation. As one of their largest teams with over 150 colleagues based across several UK locations, they work with a wide range of companies across a number of industry sectors to unlock capital held up in unpaid invoices – helping UK SMEs to benefit from better cash flow enabling them to grow and develop their business. To date they have aided the support of over 56,000 customers and lent over £2.5bn since 2009, making our client one of the fastest growing banks in the UK today.
To propagate their recent success they are seeking a business development manager to build professional working relationships with all introductory sources and act as the primary contact across your designated region, to ultimately generate new business opportunities for the company.
- To assist with and generate new business from a range of introductory sources in order to meet agreed personal new business targets as set from time to time by the company’s incentive scheme.
- To increase the number of enquiries received by establishing profitable working relationships with SME business introducers within local business communities.
- To assist with and handle all new business enquiries with turnovers between £500,000 and £25,000,000 professionally and diligently, ensuring that all initial enquiries are followed up within 24 hours.
- To prepare and submit new business files to credit committee, ensuring that they meet the required company standard and contain the information required, allowing the underwriter(s) to assess the proposal quickly and accurately.
- To assist with and ensure the smooth and efficient management of take-ons for clients.
- To maintain up to date introducer records ensuring that all prospect enquiries and development work undertaken with business introducers is logged and recorded.
- To assist with the production of the monthly sales reports.
- To further develop your knowledge and understanding of the factoring industry including competition, people, products, risk etc.
- To maintain an awareness of IT and information security related issues and ensure compliance with the client’s IT Security Policy & procedures within the area of responsibility.
- To maintain an awareness of all Risk related issues and ensure compliance with our client’s Credit Policies & Operations and Procedures Manual within your area of responsibility.
- FCA – An understanding of the regulatory environment commensurate with your role.
- TCF – ensuring you adhere to the principles of “Treating Customers Fairly” commensurate with your role.
- Successful sustained history of selling Invoice Finance products in the independent market and have a strong introducer network
- Successful sustained history of selling Invoice Finance products within banking internal networks and demonstrable written business from introducers in the external market
- Successfully sustained history of selling in markets where broker / introducer channels are prevalent e.g. Credit Insurance, Asset Finance / Asset Based Lending, Commercial Mortgages
- Client/Introducer Focus
- Strong technical and industry knowledge of Invoice Finance products and solutions
- Firm understanding of the principles of Invoice Finance lending and legal implications
- Ability to read and understand statutory financial information and financial projections
- Strong Communicator
- Decision making capabilities
- Influencing skills
- Commercial Awareness
- Relationship Building skills
- FDA certificate – desirable
- Planning & Organising
- Problem Solving
- Team Working
£Attractive basic salary
£6k car / car allowance
Competitive bonus and benefits package
To apply for this position, please > Submit your CV quoting ref: MJM165.