Ref: MJM 201
Our client is a large overseas financial institution with banking status and offices in nine countries incorporating China, United Kingdom and the United States of America.
The Bank is known as a significant player in the Asset Management market with over $470 billion of funds under management and is ranked number two in its country of origin.
In addition to Asset management it has key interests in Real Estate Management and Financial Services incorporating Project Finance, Aviation and Ship finance as well as providing buyout finance and arranging asset securitisations.
Due to recent success, they are currently looking to expand their management team by hiring an Assistant Manager for their London office.
Reporting to the Head of Ship & Aviation Finance Department, the main purpose of the role is to take a leading role in the successful origination, execution and ongoing management of ship finance transactions (covering bilateral deals, syndicated / club loans and Sea Bridge Finance transactions), acting as transaction team leader on specific deals and supporting the team as it develops and expands its business in the European ship finance market. The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- To build up and maintain a range of relationships with clients, banks and other market participants, and to make a positive ongoing contribution to the creation and refinement of the team’s business strategy for each client.
- To identify potential deal opportunities, take a leadership role in evaluating them and with the subsequent origination process (establishing dialogue with the client and / or arranger of the transaction, pitching and securing the mandate, as appropriate).
- To take a leading role in the process of reviewing and analysing the key terms and conditions of deals and the associated credit risks and mitigants. Based on such understanding, take overall responsibility for coordinating the preparation of internal requests for credit approval.
- Under the overall supervision of the Department Head, to take overall responsibility for the deal at all stages of the deal execution process, including reviewing and commenting on documentation, analysing financial aspects (including creation and/or manipulation of cash-flow models, as appropriate), carrying out thorough due diligence on non-financial risks, checking the correct incorporation of deal security and other credit mitigants, etc.
- To take overall responsibility for the ongoing credit risk monitoring of an agreed set of deals within the portfolio, including annual reviews and responsibility for material waivers, “close monitoring” of problem scenario etc. as appropriate.
- To provide proactive assistance with periodic reviews of the team’s broader strategy with respect to the ship finance market’s sub-sectors, specific clients, terms of financing products, etc.
- To assist the team to broaden and strengthen its range of personal relationships with target clients across the industry.
- To carry out such other duties as may be requested from time to time by the General Manager / Deputy General Manager.
- No permanent management responsibility, but may be required to manage functional transaction teams on an ad hoc basis.
- Good educational background, preferably ACIB/Degree qualified.
- Minimum 5 years experience as part of a dynamic front-office shipping team with regular interaction with corporate clients.
- Proven credit analysis skills
- Strong numeracy and familiarity with cash flow-based financial analysis, including computer modelling.
Basic: up to £95,000
To apply for this position please>Submit your CV quoting ref MJM201 or call 0207 26226622 to speak to one of our consultants.