Ref: MJM 176
Our client is an independent European asset finance leasing business, providing equipment leasing products and services throughout Europe.
Our client is focused on delivering innovative and intelligent leasing solutions which are tailored to individual customer requirement.
Our client’s constant growth have lead them to require an Assistant Asset Manager to continue to drive the company’s development in the UK equipment financing market.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Assistant Asset Manager will be join a growing team and great exposure to growing an asset finance company, supporting all aspects of Asset Management activity including asset valuations, inspections and asset disposal at end of lease or as a result of repossession activity. The main focus of the role is as follows:
- Act as primary contact for Hard Assets requests and appraisals
- Carry out asset inspections or arrange inspection of assets at end of lease
- Arrange collection and storage of assets as required
- Maximise sales proceeds on end of lease assets by marketing assets, identifying buyers of equipment and negotiating within pre-agreed parameters of value
- Maintain and grow a database of buyers
- Maintain asset control log
- Raise sales invoices
- Work and collaborate closely with asset managers, commercial teams and third parties
- Development remarketing channels for Hard Asset disposals and maintain secure and profitable routes to market.
- Maintain full inventory listing of repossessed assets and market accordingly to maximise resale values in line with strategic objectives.
- Achieve a blended “profit” on disposals
- Attend auctions, vendor meetings/launches and trade fairs to enhance overall knowledge of assets which the company may finance
- Day to day liaison with network of remarketing agents
- Ensure asset inspection reports are received within SLA
- Build a general awareness of the pre-owned equipment marketplace and provide feedback on this
- Knowledge of the principals of Asset Finance
- Direct Asset Finance / Banking experience would be an advantage
- Experience of dealing with external customers
- IT Literate, particularly MS Office
- Strong negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of finance contracts, administration, mathematics and processes.
- Car driver essential
- Eager to learn and self-develop with a desire to grow within an Asset Management / Risk team
- Ability to identify and pursue sales opportunities
- Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision
- Good attention to detail
- Strong commercial acumen
- Good administrative capability with excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships at all levels
- Intelligent and numerate
- Assertive with an ability to establish the right contact points and extract decisions
- Team player with strong positive attitude
- Adaptable and flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitudeLocationUK South
Basic Competitive salary and additional perks
To apply for this position please > Submit your CV quoting ref: MJM176 or call 0207 26226622 to speak to one of our consultants.