Our client is a young but well established and highly successful asset finance company in the SME sector.
Our client is looking to recruit a highly organised Arrears Administrator to set up and run an efficient arrears process.
The ideal candidate will ideally have some Arrears collection experience. There may at times be external face to face negotiations required, therefore the candidate will need to have ideally the experience and strength of character to manage this. Strong communication skills required with ability to converse and negotiate, and intermediate skills on Excel are required. Reporting to the Joint Managing Directors, the main focus of the role is as follows:
- Liaise with Accounts re unpaid DD’s and call customers to collect payment
- Responsible for upkeep and accuracy of arrears report
- To organise asset valuations and disposal of assets where appropriate
- Investigating customers further if continued non-payments by way of searches etc.
- Liaising with Repossession and Legal agencies on possessions
- Issuing out Termination and re-possession authority letters
- Updating Solar on each communication with customers/brokers
- Liaising with Sales person/Brokers on their arrears customers
- The production of arrears reports and to ensure that accurate records are maintained.
- Update weekly Directors on arrears cases
- Update all at monthly Sales Meetings on arrears
- Take payments by World pay
- Help the Customer Service Administration on settlements if busy on settlement calls/emails
- Work out settlements and issue settlement letter to customer/broker/salesperson, updating Solar
- Help Customer Services Administrator on the running of Microgen Direct Debit collection system
- Help on general customer service calls
- Ad hoc administration help as requested
- Always support external clients in every way
- Always support internal colleagues in every way
- Be punctual and presentable
- Can do, will do attitude
- Highly organised
UK East Anglia
Basic salary competitive
To apply for this position please > Submit your CV quoting ref: MJM182 or call 0207 26226622 to speak to one of our consultants.